Flavorful Cocktail Sandwiches
|1/2 lb. cheddar
cheese, coarsely grated
2 tbsp. mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. prepared mustard
sweet midget gherkins, sliced
strips bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
20 extra thin slices white bread
1. Mix together the cheese, bacon, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
2. Spread inside of each slice of bread with extra mayonnaise.
3. Using 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture for each, make ten sandwiches. Trim off the crusts.
4. Cover tightly with plastic film and wrap in tea towel wrung out with cold water. Chill until serving time.
5. Working with one sandwich at a time, cut into quarters; cut each quarter in half. Spear gherkin slice to sandwich with toothpick.
Makes 80 sandwiches.