The Tivoli Hotel
This hotel was located in Ancon on the southern slope of Ancon Hill overlooking the Bay of Panama. It was a wooden structure and was completed in 1906. President Theodore Roosevelt was its first guest on his visit to the Isthmus that year. The building was a landmark on the Pacific Side. It was torn down in the 1970s after the termites stopped holding hands.
June 28, 1998