1. Dice the fish into 1/4 inch pieces and just cover
2. Use a stainless steel, plastic or glass container.
3. Add salt, mix and let stand for at least an hour.(This is a good time to squeeze your limes.)
4. Remove the fish from the water and squeeze the moisture from it.
5. Mix in the onions and peppers.
6. Put the mixture in a large glass jar or a refrigerator container and pour the lime juice in to cover.
7. Refrigerate, covered (no metal lids), for at least six hours.
8. Serve, chilled, in a cocktail dish with saltines or in small pastry cups as a canape.
NOTE: If Habanero peppers are not available, other very hot peppers may be used with the loss of some flavor. Jalapenos add a very good flavor, but more of them should be used than if using Habanero peppers.
Presented by CZBrats
October 7, 1998